INTERGEN is presenting the new range of engines for an increasingly efficient cogeneration at the Key Energy trade show in Rimini

Lomagna – November 2017 – Intergen – Italian company specialised in the design and manufacturing of cogeneration plants and exclusive dealer for more than 30 years of MWM (MotorenWerke Mannheim) engines – is presenting the new TCG 3016 internal combustion engines from the German manufacturer at Ecomondo/Key Energy.

The new TCG 3016 range which replaces and improves the current TCG 2016 range engines will be presented in a national preview at the Intergen stand (hall B5D5 – stand 033) in the Key Energy pavilion, the space dedicated to technologies, systems and solutions for an efficient use of energy resources in industrial environments. The latest generation MWM engines, the future beating hearts of the Intergen cogenerators, will be available in natural gas and biogas versions in 400 kWe, 600 kWe and 800 kWe dimensions.

The technological advance of MWM machines represents new opportunities and significant advantages for our cogeneration plants” confirmed Luca Beccarelli, Marketing & Sales Director of the Italian company. “The vast range of premium engines with powers from 400 up to 4,300 kWe allows us to design increasingly efficient and custom solutions tailored to meet the energy needs of individual customers”.

The non plus ultra of internal combustion engines, these models of the TCG 3016 series ensure unparalleled efficiency and high performance, which results in a reduction in operating costs. One of the most significant features involves the engine life cycle before the first major maintenance operation, the big overhaul, which has been lengthened to an incredible 80,000 hours of operation. The machines have also been confirmed as among the best performing on the market, reaching 43.4 % of electrical efficiency, 44.7 % of thermal efficiency and a resulting total efficiency of 88.1%.

Intergen guarantees an expert and specialised control for routine and corrective maintenance activities on the German engines and offers widespread management of original spare parts made available throughout Italy within 24 hours. Intergen technicians have always been kept up-to-date through a constant training programme that is seen in the company’s ability to make cogeneration plants under contract available at even more than 98% of the hours requested by the customer.

The long-term collaboration with MWM and the investments made in recent years” concludes Luca Beccarelli “have made it possible to optimise the maintenance service and offer a top quality customer service, making it possible to maximise the operating hours of machines and to increase the profitability of the cogeneration plants, to the benefit of the savings generated from self-production of electricity and thermal energy.